Web Page: http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC2013
Mailing List: http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers
- Code Revisions Project to add WordPress native revisions to the theme and plugin code editors. The idea is to make use of WordPress core functionality and not adding new complexity.
- Enhance Profiles.WordPress.org Although WordPress.org has been enhanced both design-wise and feature-wise, profiles.wordpress.org did not see much love. Being a plugin developer and a core contributor, I would personally love to interact with the other developers, without feeling the need of leaving the .org ecosystem.
- JSON REST API At the moment, the only real API to access WP content is the XML-RPC API. This requires a full suite of parsing tools and is less than optimal for most users. In the past, XML parsing (usually with libxml) has caused problems on mobile platforms, which are the main consumers of the API. A JSON REST API removes much of this complexity by using a simpler serialisation format (JSON) with a protocol usable by most of the web via standard HTTP verbs.
- Port WordPress for WebOS to Firefox OS WordPress for webOS is a great app built with web technologies for the WebOS platform. Several new web-centric mobile platforms are springing up and it would be great for WordPress to have a presence on each. This project aims to take the webOS app and convert it to run on one of these new platforms: Firefox OS. The application's code would be developed in a manner which would allow the easy conversion of the application to other platforms as well.
- WordPress mobile app for BlackBerry 10 devices create a native mobile app to allow the users to access and manage their WordPress-powered blog(s) wherever they want whenever they need, without needing a pc and a browser, but just through their smartphones.